WHO WE ARE
T. Elenteny Imports (“TEI”) is not your traditional alcoholic beverage importer and distributor. After spending years in the industry, our two founders combined their knowledge and experiences, creating (i) a company that offers the services they believed the industry needed and (ii) a vision of wanting to make a positive difference for small businesses. And you know what? That company and vision boomed.
TEI is a multifaceted, services business for wine, spirits, and beer importation and distribution. What does that actually mean? It means that we work with companies who discover awesome alcoholic beverage products (both foreign and domestic) and want those beverages to be available throughout the United States. We provide logistics, compliance, and accounting back office support for those endeavors, and we deliver top-notch customer service at every step of the way.
Our Accounting Team members communicate with B2B customers, end customers, state and federal entities as well as our host of vendors. Each of these parties we treat with the upmost respect and top-notch customer service. Excellent communication skills coupled with a skilled accounting background are paramount for the members of our Accounting Department. This trusted team of professionals manages a myriad of financial schedules with sharp deadlines, requiring swift and accurate tactical work.
As a company, we hold ourselves out as a dynamic, experienced service provider dedicated to delivering innovative logistics solutions while pursuing the highest degree of integrity and transparency for our clients and for each other. We expect each TEI member to do the same.
You will work on a tight team of fellow accounting wizards who manage the internal finances for TEI as well as finances for our B2B clients: wine importers and brokers who are selling to distributors and retail markets. These clients along with their suppliers and end customers represent the three tier system of alcohol importation/distribution. You’ll bring accounting to life in our customer-service dominant environment.
REQUIREMENTS | YOU ARE
- Pattern-driven. Each day you’ll be logging Accounts Payable bills and payments into our accounting system, keeping data accurate and reconciled.
- You easily monitor and anticipate what’s coming. You naturally meet deadlines and project out in advance upcoming task completion dates.
- You are this adjective personified –very attentive to and concerned about accuracy and detail.
- You’re speedy and adept with computer software skills. Rapid data entry and multi-tasking is your middle name.
- You love helping your team members and customers alike. You practice empathy naturally and offer solutions-driven conversation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance or similar education is require
- Fun! You have a good sense of humor, and you’re pleasant to interact with.
We’ll hold you responsible for
- Showing up everyday and giving 100%
- Working until the work is done
- Growing as a professional –we excel at this; we’ll teach you
- Capability to communicate easily and efficiently with others
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing environment with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of our team
Competitive salary, based on your skills
Health insurance contribution
Professional development job training
Opportunity to grow your career in a rapidly growing company
Flexible vacation/time-off program
Legendary Holiday party!
If you are genuinely interested in our job, please author an authentic cover letter to our Accounting Manager explaining why this job is a perfect fit for you. Please also detail your salary requirements and provide a resume that details your successes.
* Any resume submitted without a cover letter will not be considered