WHO WE ARE
T. Elenteny Imports (“TEI”) is not your traditional alcoholic beverage importer and distributor. After spending years in the industry, our two founders combined their knowledge and experiences, creating (i) a company that offers the services they believed the industry needed and (ii) a vision of wanting to make a positive difference for small businesses. And you know what? That company and vision boomed.
TEI is a multifaceted services business for wine, spirits, and beer importation and distribution. What does that actually mean? It means that we work with companies who discover and/or represent awesome alcoholic beverage products (both foreign and domestic) and want those beverages to be more readily available in their local market or throughout the United States. We provide logistics, compliance, and accounting back office support for those endeavors, and we deliver top-notch customer service every step of the way. Our collaborative team is implementing cutting-edge processes that are changing the way our industry looks at supply chain efficiencies.
As a company, we hold ourselves to be a dynamic, experienced service provider dedicated to delivering innovative logistics solutions while pursuing the highest degree of integrity and transparency for our clients and for each other. We expect each TEI team member to do the same.
Selling logistics solutions demands strong organization and prioritization skills, meticulous attention to detail, fluency in the geographic language of “Global Wine Sourcing,” a breadth of knowledge regarding established and up-and-coming importers/wineries, and a delicate touch in delivering sometimes uncomfortable “if/then” scenarios to your clients. The Sales Account Manager role requires good judgment and a willingness to act as a professional liaison who exudes stellar customer service.
This position will collaborate with all company departments while working within our sales team of fellow industry veterans, who sell logistics solutions to our customers (freight shipping, compliance & direct-to-trade distribution sales). The Sales Account Manager will generate and address new leads and start off by selling our freight services. Our sales style requires new members to imbue a sense of urgency and professionalism. They must understand prioritization –how to spend time on high pay-off activities, balanced with getting back to “everyone in a timely manner.” Selling logistics solutions to distributors/importers, who in many instances manage these workloads in-house, means finding the angle to validate their internal efforts while also convincing them that outsourcing some of this work will save them in the long run. Our guarantee is to simplify industry process and save our clients time. Where else can you buy time?
WHO YOU ARE
A Closer. Whether it’s creating a customized solution for a customer or figuring out how to achieve a target, you have the assertiveness to drive outcomes and the ability to overcome adversity and resistance.
Collaborative. You believe working as part of a team helps everyone to do their best work. You can empathize with other skill sets and be open to the ideas of others. People love working with you.
Analytical. You can efficiently present the costs and benefits of decision making in a clear, financial voice. Numbers energize you – we’ll praise you as a “mathlete.”
Empathetic. Fulfilling customer needs is your passion, and you embrace how top-notch customer service can overcome objections. Your daily actions are to help your customers by listening to their needs. You build relationships that create trust, open dialogue, and full transparency.
Organized. You set goals and deadlines, yet are nimble enough to be a chameleon when necessary. You are committed to personal achievement while always keeping the “big picture” in mind. You work with purpose and vision.
A Connected Self-Starter. You excel at creating solutions while working remotely and know how to prioritize your time. You will use your deep resources of industry contacts to generate new channels and grow sales.
Flexible. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and an evolving position that is in rapid-growth mode. You’ll learn new things every day, and you’ll adjust accordingly.
Professional. You have a consistent track record of sustained success in your career. You motivate every fellow employee to take action and engage in your compelling purpose and vision.
Fun! You have a good sense of humor, and you are well-rounded – easily speaking a variety of “languages” with prospects and clients alike.
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding targeted volume goals for assigned accounts
- Ability to plan and forecast supply chain needs of your accounts
- Ability to mine for future opportunities to identify and develop new leads/clients
- Proficient at distributor management throughout an organizational chain with multiple points of contact
- Meticulous in documenting and organizing account information and historical data
- Follow direction from sales manager and improve upon processes/procedures
- Respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely fashion
- Communicate with department administrative team to help achieve your objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree – a focus in Business Administration preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience, ideally in progressively responsible roles in the wine and/or logistics industry
- Strong understanding of the alcohol beverage industry and/or logistics industry
- Analytics – ability to take large amounts of data and mine the key insights that are helpful in developing a compelling sales presentation
- Confirmed ability to grow results and profitability
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work with concurrent projects and deadlines
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work with different technologies
- Interest in contributing bright ideas and growing with our company
- Proficient in Apple/Mac computers, Microsoft Office
- Competitive salary and incentive structure, based on your skills
- Health insurance contribution
- Profit-share program
- 401k program
- Flexible vacation/time-off program
- Professional development job training
- A supportive, team environment that welcomes bright ideas and game-changers
- Opportunity to advance your career in a growing company
- An entrepreneurial company full of accomplished professionals with diverse backgrounds
The only way to provide excellent service is to have outstanding employees. If you want to be part of T. Elenteny Imports and believe that you are perfect for this position, please send us your resume and a genuinely written cover letter addressed to our Vice President of Sales, explaining your interest in the position and how it aligns with your professional mission. On your cover letter, please include the letter [A] in brackets on the bottom left corner.